Thursday, September 25, 2008

picking up my pieces!!

Hey ladies!!
For starters... Lisa, no I did NOT sign an open contract.....which is why I was SOOOOOOOOOO angry when it all happened. However, SINCE my little rant and rave I have actually started and I will say... its not AS BAD as I thought. BUT... on day TWO there I DID lose a student (spec. ed to make matters even worse) and yes, we found him, but BOY DID IT SUCK!

The school is ghetto, the area is ghetto but my class is pretty good. They are so cute. A few do not understand WHAT I am saying, and I dont understand HALF of what they are saying, so it will be a TOUGH year. It just sucks because I did not sign up for this hard of a job. And with title one you basically just DRILL DRILL DRILL. It sucks. I dont get to do centers, or art, or anything like that. I have to get in 90 minutes of literacy EVERYDAY and 45 minutes of math EVERYDAY, they have a 15 minute recess and they do some computer program for 30 minutes everyday. There are my 3 hours. Oh... how do I fit in calendar do you ask... YOU TELL ME! Cause Im trying to figure it all out.

Just thought Id give an update....its not all bad. But its def. not what I asked for!

2 comments:

A. Burge said...

Kristen, I'm sorry that you are having a hard time. I don't blame you for feeling angry about it. Hang in there - the kids are lucky to have you and if anyone can handle this situation, it's YOU!!! You will be great with them - look at it this way, mabye you'll become bi-lingual!

Jamie K. said...

That is crazy! I can't believe they moved you to a different school! Thats so hard! Next year come teach at my school! Its great, no esl at all! lol. We need to get together for lunch asap!